2011. BEST FOR GUESTS. 10 vlad (warmer climes)




Vlad is a Romanian boy filled with melancholy and longings for sunny days and comforting places.
He runs a very unique website/blog - Warmer Climes - where he asks musicians (independent, mainstream, known, unknown and everything in between) to name their favourite songs. All the 'mixtapes' are surrounded by pretty images of beaches, islands, swimming pools, boys in swimming suits...
The design and graphic composition of the page is extremely beautiful and coherent.
Every time I go there, I feel like I'm transported to his universe of vibrant colors, good music and endless sunny days.

ALBUMS

DRAKE TAKE CARE (link)
Drizzy is better than all Frank Oceans out there. This piece is full of tender joys. Especially Over My Dead Body and the feat. with Stevie Wonder – Doing It Wrong. And also the very intensive bonus track: Hate Sleeping Alone. Adorable and full of poetry. In every good sense. Makes me think to my Lil B pleasures and his brilliant mixtapes. Yeah, Lil B is so 2012 right now...
AZURE BLUE RULE OF THIRDS (link)
Single Little Confusions off this splendid long awaited debut by Swedish Tobias Isaksson, formerly in Irene, is happy to be treated with a special collection of free remixes by Warmer Climes Romanian favorites in Electronic Music production. I guess you understand how much I love this album... Both albums – the debut + the remixes released in the same day via Hybris Records and Warmer Climes – November 23rd.

THE SOUND OF ARROWS VOYAGE (link)
They are the most elitistic gays in Pop Music right now. The imagery, the style, the voices, the instrumentals... It’s purely M.A.G.I.C. in every sense. A true act of sincerity and good ways of dreaming. I wish industry could turn more often into something like their expressions. World would be so much better. Ruins Of Rome for Life.

WALE AMBITION (link)
Powerful and filled with romance. Positive and shiny. Still Rap Hip-Hopish and a big styled production. I find it relevant. Dunno exactly why. Makes me feel OK about not including Björk‘s Biophilia in this list... And this is in the same place in my heart with Mary J. Blige’s outstanding My Life II-The Journey Continues, Big Sean’s gigantic success Finally Famous, Lloyd’s very sensual King Of Hearts and Wiz Khalifa’s victorious Rolling Papers. Maybe even Justin Bieber’s tender joke Under The Mistletoe and Beyoncé’s perfect 4 deserves some respect. 

RYAN ADAMS ASHES & FIRE (link)
I feared he won’t be back. But here it is! A collection of ballads for sad souls like mine. For those who feels alone with everybody more often than it’s healthy.



SONGS
RICK ROSS YOU THE BOSS (FEAT. NICKI MINAJ)
2 masters of Super Bass, one purpose: Being A Boss, Loving To Be  A Boss. Purity.

PENGUIN PRISON DON'T FUCK WITH MY MONEY
Chris Glover... Oh my God, his beauty makes me cry all the time. He is my undeclared husband. Shhh!

NICKI MINAJ SUPER BASS (KID SIMPL REMIX)
Kid Smpl is a very smart and sensitive mofacka. This piece makes me think how cool he can be and how sexy it is that we both love Nicki Minaj at this level of intimacy... The way he remixed this... Oh, boy... Close your eyes, tell him how you feel and kiss him forever!... Into the night... Together...
 
MICHAEL MYERZ SPACE APE (FEAT. CARL MILLER)
My sweet friends, Myers and Miller... Being better than they think they are.

DESTROYER KAPUTT
BEST OF 2011. THEME SONG OF THIS YEAR. FUCKIN ETERNAL. ALL SOUND LIKE A DREAM TO ME...  ALL SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM...
 
ARTISTS








STOMPBOX  (link)
James Rice is extremely talented and very delicate. Very complex and direct for an 18 yo from UK. Listen to his Flu and learn about real post-steps moods in the darkness of your room. Learn to feel comfortable in your own skin.
KELLY CLARKSON (link
While listening to Standing In Front of You she made me realize being stupid in mainstream is very intentional. And that made me lose faith in tones of chillwave wannabes and fake-avant dudes around.
JD TWITCH / OPTIMO (link)  
Their remix for Ford & Lopatin’s Joey Rogers changed my life.
ARAPAIMA (link)
A very fresh and decent surprise made in Romania. Stay tuned to hear his new single Bine very very soon.
ANGO (link)
Andrew Gordon Macpherson, Halifax/Montreal, Canada. Makes me remind to myself how much I love Electro Anything from Canada. In a Wildlife – Nature style. Such purity.

No comments: