2011. BEST FOR GUESTS. 15 little jungles





Little Jungles is a one man project from Canada and in 2011 released Wuts Goin Thru Yer Head. As I mentioned earlier this year, the music is lyrically disarming, filled with electronics, distortions and shoegaze. With a very witty -and upbeat - point of view on love, agony and youth yearnings.
A new single will be released in January, 1st and later in 2012 a new album will be out.
You can get the album on bandcamp.
Listen to 'Drive Yerself Crazy', one of the greatest songs released this year.

           blog     facebook     bandcamp


SONGS







JOHN MAUS BELIEVER
Awesome song. You gotta listen to the version in the video though.  Its slightly sped up.  Makes it sound even more triumphant.  Wonder why they sped it up  just for the video.

CHAD VAN GAALEN REPLACE ME
Love the guitar in this one.  Whole albums great.

J MASCIS NOT ENOUGH
Check out the video for this one too, animated by Chad Van Gaalen

EMA MARKED
Most emotionally affecting song I've heard all year.

KURT VILE GHOST TOWN
His lyrics seem so off the cuff.  "Christ was born I was there, you know me,  I'm around".   My favourite album this year.

NICKI MINAJ DID IT ON 'EM
The dirtiest sounding song I've ever heard.   I don't even know why I like it.  

BRAZILIAN MONEY PARTY TIL I'M DEAD 
Wish it was as long as sister ray.

UNKNOWN MORTAL ORCHESTRA HOW CAN YOU LUV ME
So groovy.


Can I share a song with you not from 2011?
Hands down the most amazing thing I heard this year was "The Garden" by Cut Chemist.  It rocked my world, sent me on an instrumental hip hop downloading rampage and got me thinking a lot about production.  To me, it simply sounds perfect.  


No comments: